My name is Dr. Valerie Johnston-Dugamin. I established OsteoLife in 2014 to offer a greater personalised osteopathic service to all my patients.
The OsteoLife Approach:
- Listening to what you have to say about your condition;
- Uncovering the underlying cause of your health problem;
- Removing the symptoms to alleviate your pain;
- Offering you ways to participate in your recovery; and
- Suggesting a care plan to help you return to your daily activities.
We also focus on:
- Reinforcing the importance of self-management in association with your treatment plan;
- Providing advice on the appropriate and regular exercises that are tailored for you; and
- Stressing on the importance of a balanced diet and strong body awareness.
I have been working in Sydney as an osteopath for the past seven years, always maintaining a very strong empathy for my patients. My practice is focused on helping my clients get better and healthier.
I am very passionate about osteopathy. I use a holistic approach to treatment, as I understand that your health can be affected by physical, emotional, and/or environmental factors (e.g., work, injury, or personal circumstances). For this reason, I constantly strive to improve my knowledge in anatomy and physiology, as I understand the inter-connected relationship between the body’s structure and function.
In 2004, I pursued my passion for osteopathy by undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in osteopathic studies at the Western Sydney University (WSU). I graduated with a Masters of Osteopathy in 2009. Since my graduation, I have continued to expand my knowledge about osteopathy by regularly attending postgraduate study programs.
Professional Osteopathic Credentials
- Bachelor of Applied Science (2007)
- Masters of Osteopathy (2009)
- Graduated at the Western Sydney University (2009)
- Registered Practitioner: Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member: Osteopathy Australia
- Member: NSW Business Chamber of Commerce
- Advanced Osteopathic Pediatrics Courses (Jan 2017 – USA)
- A Sequential Approach to the Osteopathic Treatment of Children (Nov 2016 – USA)
- Certificates for Business Marketing Courses (Oct – Dec 2016, University of Sydney)
- Pediatric in Osteopathy (Nov 2015 – France)
- Neuromeningeal Manipulation NM1 (Aug 2014 – Barral Institute, Melbourne)
- Biodynamic Osteopathy Level 1-5 (2010–2013 – New Zealand)
Can Osteopathy help you? Call OsteoLife today at 0407 966 001 or book online