Pregnancy is a very special time for an expectant mother. During pregnancy, your body undergoes major changes and in order to adapt to these, a hormone called relaxin is released.
Relaxin allows the ligaments throughout your body to soften and stretch, helping your body adapt as your baby grows inside you. Some women have difficulty adapting to these changes, causing undue strain on the spine, neck and shoulders, which can be uncomfortable and even painful.
Common Symptoms That Require Osteopathy
- Shoulder and upper back tension and pain
- Back pain
- Sacroiliac joint pain (SIJ)
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Pubic symphysis tension
- Limbs swelling (usually in legs)
- Difficulty breathing and/or shortness of breath
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
At OsteoLife, we can help you with you by
- Easing some of the physical discomforts during pregnancy
- Helping you prepare for the demands of labour
- Helping you recover after birth
The OsteoLife Approach
We use gentle hands-on manipulation techniques for the treatment of musculoskeletal issues that help to decrease muscle tension and improve your range of motion during pregnancy. This ultimately helps release any restrictions to help you restore your natural state of balance, alignment, and body functions.
Techniques used at OsteoLife
- Soft tissue massage to reduce muscle tension
- Myofascial release
- Cranial osteopathy
- Biodynamic osteopathy
- Lower back pain
- Mid back pain during and after breastfeeding
- Pubic symphysis
- Neck pain
The pregnant women we see in our OsteoLife practice come from area of Elisabeth Bay, Darlinghurst and surrounding suburbs.